Employees who work on the Waterbury Campus are eligible to purchase Area 2 parking permits which allows them to park on any level of the attached Waterbury Garage, shown on the campus parking map.
Area 2 parking permits also authorize parking in the following locations:
- Area 2 parking spaces on all University campuses.
- Area 3 lots and posted “Any Paid” permit parking areas, including those on the Health Center campus.
- Area 2 permit holders who are visiting the Stamford campus are able to park at the 1194 Washington Blvd surface lot.
- Area 2 permit holders who are visiting the Downtown Hartford Campus, 100% validation will be applied at the Convention Center Garage (details).
Area 2 parking permits do NOT authorize:
- Area 1 parking spaces on the Health Center campus
- Load Zones unless specifically authorized by posted signage
- Reserved and restricted spaces
- student parking areas: use of student parking areas during academic breaks is typically authorized on the Storrs campus due to the reduced demand.
- the Scovill Municipal Garage in Waterbury
- the Storrs campus garages
- time-limited or metered spaces
Area 3 parking permits do NOT authorize parking in any employee, student or paid permit lot in the Waterbury Garage.
Area 3 permit holders need to park in a PayByPhone space in the Waterbury Garage or a public space in the Scovill Garage and pay the hourly/daily rate.