When bicycles are removed, they are placed in a secure Parking Services’ impound facility.
Please follow these procedures to claim an impounded bicycle:
Send an email to Parking Services and include the following information:
- the last known date and location of the bicycle
- a description containing the make, model, primary color, identifying marks or equipment (i.e., decals, lights, racks, etc.)
- permit number (if registered with UConn Parking Services)
- your telephone number(s)
Parking Services staff will respond to your email to let you know if your bicycle is in our impound inventory and, if so, schedule a time for its retrieval.
The owner will be asked to bring the following items to confirm their ownership of an impounded bicycle:
- One Card (or state-issued picture ID / passport, if not affiliated with the University).
- Key or combination to the lock used to secure the bicycle when it was impounded.
- Corroboration of a the make, model, primary color, identifying marks or equipment (i.e., decals, lights, racks, etc.) will be required when the claimant neither registered their bicycle with the University nor has a key or combination to operate the tumbler of the lock with which the bicycle was secured.
This information, along with other facts surrounding the situation, might be sufficient to persuade Parking Services that the claimant owns the impounded bicycle.