When bicycles or scooters are removed, they are placed in a secure UConn impound facility.
Please follow these procedures to claim an impounded bicycle or scooter:
Send an email to Central Warehouse and include the following information:
- the last known date and location of the bicycle or scooter
- a description containing the make, model, primary color, identifying marks or equipment (i.e., decals, lights, racks, etc.
- your telephone number(s)
Staff will respond to your email to let you know if your bicycle or scooter is in our impound inventory and, if so, schedule a time for its retrieval.
The owner will be asked to bring the following items to confirm their ownership of an impounded bicycle or scooter:
- One Card (or state-issued picture ID / passport, if not affiliated with the University).
- Key or combination to the lock used to secure the bicycle or scooter when it was impounded.
- Corroboration of a the make, model, primary color, identifying marks or equipment (i.e., decals, lights, racks, etc.) will be required.