On Friday, October 30, the following student parking locations will close for the winter season:
||Avalona Way (south of tennis courts)
||Commuter Student Parking
||Discovery Drive (north of Innovation Partnership Building)
||Resident Student Parking
||Discovery Drive (north of Charter Oak Apartments)
||Tower Road (north of Husky Village)
||Main section only (north of the bus shelters); the smaller section immediately to the north of Husky Village will remain available to UConn parking permit holders of all types.
Please go to https://parking-student.uconn.edu to purchase your parking permit for Fall 2020.
The parking needs of many employees significantly changed during the past few months and, therefore, the parking permits for Regular Payroll employees WILL NOT be automatically renewed this year!
ALL Regular Payroll employees who held UConn active parking permits on June 30 will be required to visit https://parking-employee.uconn.edu/ on or after Monday, July 20, to either opt-out or purchase a 2020/21 parking permit. Parking permit payroll deductions will begin with the September 11, 2020 paycheck. As separately communicated on July 20, payroll deductions for parking will occur on a pre-tax basis effective with the September 11, 2020 paycheck, unless an employee designates otherwise as specified here: https://payroll.uconn.edu/pre-tax-parking-announcement/.
Area 1 permit holders who opt out of permit parking (by choosing NOT to purchase a Fall Semester parking permit) WILL later be able to receive an Area 1 permit for the 2021 Spring Semester.
Permits purchased by Regular Payroll employees during the summer will be distributed via University mail starting on Monday, August 3.
Special Payroll Employees, Affiliates and NEW Regular Payroll employees will also be able to purchase their 2020 Fall Semester parking permit online on or after Monday, July 20, either by following links or by visiting the Parking Services website.
Arrange your 2020/21 parking by Friday, July 31, to ensure you will have it when permit parking enforcement resumes on Monday, August 17!
All eligible students may now apply for a Fall 2020 U-PASS at http://parking-upass.uconn.edu. The Fall U-PASS is valid from August 1 through December 31, 2020.
Applications for the U-PASS may only be submitted ONLINE.
Distribution of Fall U-PASSes will begin around July 15 by MAIL ONLY. When applying, please provide a complete and accurate mailing address to ensure delivery.
New Fee Information:
On-campus residents and all other students taking at least one class that requires in-person class attendance will pay the Transit Fee and are, therefore, eligible to receive a U-PASS at no charge.
Off-campus students who are enrolled in exclusively online courses during the fall semester may apply for a U-PASS but will be required to pay a $20/semester fee, which will be posted to their student fee bill.
Any questions regarding the Fall U-PASS should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Lots N and X on the Storr’s campus will permanently close on Monday, July 6, 2020.
As previously announced, the closure of these two parking lots is required to accommodate the development of the University’s Northwest Science Quadrant.
The prorated refund of student-permit parking fees for the seven weeks that followed the University’s closure (March 16th) is authorized.
The prorated parking fee refunds (including tax) will be applied to the credit or debit card used during their purchase, whenever possible. The credit and debit card refunds must be processed in batches due to financial regulations. All credit and debit card refunds are, however, expected to be processed by Friday, May 15th.
University checks will be issued for all other prorated parking fee refunds. Checks will be mailed to students’ home addresses. These reimbursement checks may take up to six weeks to process.
Contracted special-payroll employees may request a prorated refund of the residual value of their parking permits online.
The refund amounts will equal each permit’s weekly value multiplied by the number of full-weeks falling between March 16th and the date upon which the permit will expire. As a result, the amounts will vary between employees.
Refunds to those who purchased their permits using a credit or debit card will be returned to the card.
Refund checks sent to those who purchased their permits using cash or check will take several weeks to process. Please be sure to correctly provide your current mailing address when completing the online form.
The payroll deduction of employee permit parking fees has been suspended.
The effects of this suspension will be reflected within the April 10th paychecks of all affected employees.
The following information summarizes many of the operational changes to the provision of parking and transportation services on the Storrs and Regional campuses made in response to the circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Parking Services office is closed and will remain closed until further notice.
- The sale and distribution of parking permits for the UConn Storrs and Regional campuses have been suspended. All currently active parking permits will remain valid until further notice.
- U-Pass applications continue to be processed and will only be distributed by mail until further notice.
- UConn parking rules and regulations remain in effect and will be enforced, including those relating to parking in Fire Lanes and Handicap, Reserved, Service, and Special permit stalls.
- As standard, parking will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- State-issued handicap placards can be displayed to authorize parking in Handicap and Special permit parking stalls for the remainder of the 2020 spring semester.
- Effective immediately, ONLY UConn service vehicles with State (9-plate) registrations and preexisting Service permit holders are authorized to park in Service parking stalls.
- Student parking permit holders are authorized to park on any student parking lot for the remainder of the spring and summer semesters.
- Time-limited parking stalls and loading area restrictions will continue to be enforced.
- Parking in North and South garages on the Storrs campus is now provided at no charge; neither permit nor fee is required to park in those facilities until further notice.
- Parking and Transportation Services will continue to assign contractor parking to facilitate the completion of campus construction projects. No UConn Contractor permits will be issued or required until further notice.
- To arrange construction project parking, UConn Project Managers should submit their requests to Parking Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The provision of the HuskyGo fixed-route shuttle and the Accessible Van Service on the Storrs campus following their Spring Break schedules are expected to continue for the remainder of the 2020 spring semester.
- Sign Services operations will continue to be provided as standard.
Order your Spring 2020 U-Pass at upass.uconn.edu and to learn about the services it provides! Spring U-Passes are valid through July 31, 2020. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.