Employee parking for the Downtown Hartford campus will be available in the CT Convention Center Garage (400 spaces), CT Science Center Garage (100 spaces), and North Front Street Garage (65 spaces).
Access to the Convention Center and Science Center garages will be provided at the Regional Area 2 permit rate. Access to the North Front Street Garage will be provided at the Storrs garage permit rate.
Parking within all three downtown garages will be provided to UConn permit holders between the hours 6:00AM and 10:00PM. Permit (transponder decal/”key card”) holders with early work shifts may enter their assigned downtown parking garage as early as 5:30AM, which will allow them to arrive to their workstations on time.
UConn faculty and staff who purchase parking permits to authorize parking on the Storrs or Regional campuses may park in the CT Convention Center for no-additional charge. That benefit can be enjoyed by these permit holders by following these instructions:
- Take a ticket from the dispenser as you enter the CT Convention Center Garage.
- Go to the LAZ Parking office (in the same parking garage) before departing.
- Write either your NetID or PeopleSoft number on the garage ticket and sign it.
- Present the garage ticket along with a photo ID to the LAZ Parking office attendant
- Using a web application, the LAZ Parking attendant will confirm that you hold an active UConn parking permit.
- Once your UConn parking permit status is confirmed, the LAZ Parking attendant will validate your garage ticket using a special device.
- The attendant then return the validated ticket to you.
- Insert the validated ticket into the parking gate equipment upon exiting the garage.
- The garage gate will lift and no parking fee payment will be required.
The maximum clearance heights of the Downtown Hartford parking facilities are:
- Convention Center Garage* = 7’6″
* an outside surface lot for over-sized vehicles is available
- Science Center Garage = 7’0″
- North Front Street Garage = 6’6″
The following general rules should be followed in all three parking facilities at the Downtown Hartford location:
- Don’t leave your vehicle unlocked.
- Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Don’t leave your vehicle parked overnight in the garage unless you have received written permission form UConn Parking services; the needed arrangements will be finalized with LAZ Parking on your behalf.
- Use trash receptacles which are available on all floors and by each elevator; don’t litter.
- Only those displaying valid state-issued “handicap” placards or registration plates can legally use spaces designated for “Handicap” parking.
- Only plug-in vehicles are authorized to use spaces associated with Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- Park in only one vehicle parking space (between stall lines) and not across two or more parking spaces.
Vehicles will be deemed abandoned when it is parked within a Downtown Hartford garage more than one (1) week without being used and without notice to the Capitol Region Development Authority or its garage operator (LAZ Parking) and may be towed from the facility.
Permit holders will access their assigned downtown parking facility using a transponder decal (“key card”). A transponder decal may only be used by the individual to whom it is issued. The Transponder decals will be physically ‘installed’ by LAZ Parking personnel to ensure that they are properly placed and remain in good working order. Information related to the installation of these Transponder decals, the parking facilities and purchasing processes will be provided during the application process.
Downtown Hartford parking permit holders are authorized to park within either Area 2 or Area 3 permit parking areas on all other UConn campuses; no hangtag decal is required, these inter-campus Area 2 parking permissions are associated with permit holders’ vehicle registrations.
If you will drive more than one vehicle to campus, an additional Transponder decal may be requested by visiting the LAZ Parking office located within your assigned downtown parking facility. A transponder decal will be ‘installed in the additional vehicle by LAZ personnel for a $20 fee. A similar $20/fee will be charge to replace any previously installed Transponder decal. The $20 fees associated with acquiring either an ‘additional’ or ‘replacement’ transponder decal are payable to LAZ Parking at the time they are installed.
When Transponder decal holders drive a ‘replacement’ vehicle to campus (such as when their primary vehicle is being repaired), they should take a garage parking ‘ticket’ when entering their assigned facility and then bring that ticket with them to the LAZ Parking office located in that facility before exiting the garage; they will receive a 100% discount of their daily parking fee.
Those who purchase Downtown campus permits will be authorized to park on UConn’s West Hartford campus until it closes. The authorization to park on the West Hartford campus during the 2017 summer will be tied to their permitted vehicle’s registration (license plate number); no physical permit will be required to park on the West Hartford campus (or on any other UConn campus, within spaces associated with the permit type held) during the 2017 summer.
Downtown campus parking permits are only sold by the semester.
The parking access provided by Transponder decals can be extended across semester periods; they do NOT need to be replaced each semester.
To to switch access between downtown Hartford parking garages, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit an online Parking Permit Return/Refund Form to request the expiration of your current garage permit and then…
- Immediately apply online for your new garage permit (Employees / Students).
- Complete and then print a Garage Transponder Application Form – a new one is required.
- Await email notification that your new permit has been activated.
- Return your current/old transponder decal to the LAZ Parking office located in your current garage.
- While there present the signed Garage Transponder Application Form (Step 3) along with a $20.00 transponder decal replacement fee to the LAZ Parking office attendant.
- LAZ Parking will install your new garage transponder decal in your commuter vehicle.
⇒ The Adjunct Faculty Parking Application for the Downtown Hartford Campus should only by Adjunct Faculty members whose primary workplace is on that campus.
All other Downtown Hartford campus employees must use the following application form: