When scooters are removed, they are placed in a secure Parking Services’ impound facility. Please follow these procedures to claim an impounded scooter:
Send an email to Parking Services and include the following information:
- the last known date and location of the scooter
- a description containing the make, model, primary color, identifying marks or equipment (i.e., decals, lights, racks, etc.)
- permit number (if registered with UConn Parking Services)
- your telephone number(s)
Parking Services staff will respond to your email to let you know if your scooter is in our impound inventory and, if so, schedule a time for its retrieval.
The owner will be asked to bring the following items to confirm their ownership of an impounded scooter:
- One Card (or state-issued picture ID / passport, if not affiliated with the University).
- Key or combination to the lock used to secure the scooter when it was impounded.