Student parking for the Downtown Hartford campus will be available in the CT Convention Center Garage (400 spaces) and the CT Science Center Garage (100 spaces). Permit parking access to the Convention Center and Science Center garages will be provided at a rate equivalent to the Regional Campus Commuter Student parking fee. Parking within both downtown garages will be provided to UConn permit holders between the hours 6:00AM and 10:00PM.
UConn students who purchase parking permits to authorize parking on the Storrs or Regional campuses may park in the CT Convention Center for no-additional charge. That benefit can be enjoyed by these permit holders by following these instructions:
- Take a ticket from the dispenser as you enter the CT Convention Center Garage.
- Go to the LAZ Parking office (in the same parking garage) before departing.
- Write either your NetID or PeopleSoft number on the garage ticket and sign it.
- Present the garage ticket along with a photo ID to the LAZ Parking office attendant
- Using a web application, the LAZ Parking attendant will confirm that you hold an active UConn parking permit.
- Once your UConn parking permit status is confirmed, the LAZ Parking attendant will validate your garage ticket using a special device.
- The attendant then return the validated ticket to you.
- Insert the validated ticket into the parking gate equipment upon exiting the garage.
- The garage gate will lift and no parking fee payment will be required.
The maximum clearance heights of the Downtown Hartford parking facilities are:
- Convention Center Garage* = 7’6″
* an outside surface lot for over-sized vehicles is available
- Science Center Garage = 7’0″
- North Front Street Garage = 6’6″
The following general rules should be followed in all three parking facilities at the Downtown Hartford location:
- Don’t leave your vehicle unlocked.
- Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Don’t leave your vehicle parked overnight in the garage unless you have received written permission form UConn Parking services; the needed arrangements will be finalized with LAZ Parking on your behalf.
- Use trash receptacles which are available on all floors and by each elevator; don’t litter.
- Only those displaying valid state-issued “handicap” placards or registration plates can legally. use spaces designated for “Handicap” parking.
- Only plug-in vehicles are authorized to use spaces associated with Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- Park in only one vehicle parking space (between stall lines) and not across two or more parking spaces.
Vehicles will be deemed abandoned when it is parked within a Downtown Hartford garage more than one (1) week without being used and without notice to the Capitol Region Development Authority or its garage operator (LAZ Parking) and may be towed from the facility.
Permit holders will access their assigned downtown parking facility using a Transponder decal. A transponder decal may only be used by the individual to whom it is issued. Transponder decals will be physically ‘installed’ by LAZ Parking personnel in order to ensure that they are properly placed and remain in good working order. Information related to the installation of these Transponder decals will be provided during the application process.
A $20/fee will be charge to replace any previously installed Transponder decal. The $20 fees associated with the issuance and installation ‘replacement’ transponder decals are payable to LAZ Parking, not UConn Parking Services.
When Transponder decal holders drive a ‘replacement’ vehicle to campus (such as when their primary vehicle is being repaired), they should take a garage parking ‘ticket’ when entering their assigned facility and then bring that ticket with them to the LAZ Parking office located in that facility before exiting the garage; they will receive a 100% discount of their daily parking fee.
Downtown Hartford Commuter Student permits/transponder decals also authorize parking on all other Regional Campuses; they authorize parking on lots “C” and “J” on the Storrs campus.
Downtown Hartford student permit/transponder decal holders who require access to Waterbury student parking (at the Scovill Garage) should inform Parking Services of that fact via emails sent to email@example.com; a Scovill garage decal will be provided once the need for that second permit has been confirmed.
Downtown campus parking permits are sold by the semester.
The parking access provided by Transponder decals can be extended across semester periods; they do NOT need to be replaced each semester.
The Downtown Hartford Campus – Student Permit Application is now available.
The current Transponder Decal installation schedule for students permit holders is posted here.